Friday 21 December 2007

XXXmas

Apparently it's not Christmas unless you've got a load of attractive young women dressed in Santa-outfit-themed miniskirt/dress things cavorting around your house. I refer, of course, to the video for the cover that Tony Christie did of Slade's "Merry Xmas Everybody". What a misogynistic old pile of shite. Lookie:



Ugh. The bit that really pisses me off come around the 02:00 mark. Ooh look, now two of the attractive young women are pillow-fighting over a random mediocre-looking working-class guy! What a likely occurrence! I'm assuming Tony Christie came up with this video. Tony Christie is old. Yeah: ewww! Pervert. No wonder he looks so fucking cheerful. He probably feels like God. "I want tits in Santa outfits!" "Um... yes, Mr. Christie. Right away."

The weird thing is the end, where Christie randomly decides to leave the party and fucks off down an alleyway. It's a bit suspect. Tony pauses for a moment before walking into the alley as if checking that an unspecified someone was there. I mean... well I'm not going to beat around the bush, it looks as though Tony's fucking off to have gay sex in an alleyway. Cue cheap innuendo involving a reference to someone's 'Way to Amarillo'. That said I don't know why someone would deliberately insert (ho-ho!) a reference to themselves having gay sex in an alley at the end of their music video, so maybe I'm a bit off the mark. Maybe he's making a bit of a cry for help or something? I don't know.

Well... that... kind of ended on a random note... So... um... yeah. Merry Christmas and shit.

No comments: