Tuesday 18 December 2007

Special Relationship

You have to wonder about some of the people employed by the Daily Mail. Specifically, the guy who writes its games reviews, James O'Brien. Take his review of Super Mario Galaxy, which begins:
"Anyone with a passing interest in video games must, at some point, have engaged in a relationship with Mario."
Um... 'kay. 'Relationship'? 'Engaged'? I mean... what does this mean? Do we want to know? I'm slightly frightened. Apparently:
"As with any... the relationship with the fat, little Italian plumber will have had its highs and lows"
I kind of worry about the quality of Mr. O'Brien's interpersonal relationships, after all, he's just described someone who, in his own words, he has been "engaged in a relationship with" as 'fat' and 'little'. That's not very nice. No wonder there've been 'lows'.

I can't imagine his wife would be very happy being called those things. There again, he's probably not married, just in a civil partnership with a cardboard cut-out of Mario he stole from a shop. After all, despite being 'fat' and 'little', he does have other qualities. Like being a plumber. I bet he earns shitloads when he's not off saving princesses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I refer you to Mr O'Brien's wiki page - "He prefers sleeping in a bed with ironed bed linen as opposed to unironed." Sounds like a euphemism to me...

BTW, do you think this is libelous? Will you represent me if I get sued Adrian?