Wednesday 19 December 2007

Revenge of the Evil Gays

I was having a look at my site stats a minute ago and noticed that I got a hit through someone searching on Google for "gays are evil". Unsurprisingly, I was slightly concerned about this. Maybe I'd been sleep-posting 'gay hate' material or something. I decided to investigate. It turned out they'd been sent to this post about Christian Voice bitching about a gay event at a zoo. I went on Google and stuck "gays are evil" (without parentheses) into it to see what happened. Turns out the post is right at the top of the second page of results. That's pretty high.

The bad thing is that all you can see from the search result is the heading, "Evil Gays 'Invade Zoo'", and this bit of text: "I kind of thought that Britain, although flawed, was a reasonably nice place to live. I mean someone stole a parcel out of my front ..."

That's really bad. I mean it looks as if I continued and went:
"I mean someone stole a parcel out of my front yard - but at least they were straight! Then I remembered that gay people existed and that gay people lived in Britain... and then I changed my mind and decided that Britain was a shithole - and we all know what gays do with shitholes!!!111one"
My real name's in the URL of this bugger too. People are going to think I'm a right homophobe. But then... they'll only see that if they search for "gays are evil", and you'd have to be pretty homophobic to search for that... except... I searched for that. But I was only checking... I... I'm not a homophobe... am I?

The answer is "no", by the way.

No comments: