Friday 2 November 2007

HMV Compendium

I'm getting sick of various HMV-related posts clogging up the blog, so here they are, all put together:

Sunday, 21 October 2007 - HMV Again...

I got another e-mail from HMV today, this time with the subject line: "Nobody puts Sunday Film Club in the corner...". What are HMV going to do if I do put it in the corner? Beat me up? Kill me?

If I keep getting e-mail from them with bizarre/threatening headers I'm going to unsubscribe from their mailing list. And what will HMV do then? Probably just not send me e-mails about offers any more...

Monday, 22 October 2007 - Yet More HMV

Another day, another bizarrely headed e-mail from HMV. This time the subject header is: "Table Tennis: We loved it so much we wrote an essay!"

Good for you, you sad tossers.

Friday, 26 October 2007 - Even More HMV

Got another e-mail from HMV today. Subject line: "Welcome to your first Christmas newsletter".

It's. Oct. Fucking. Tober.

Ugh...

***

Anyway, that's the lot. I'll leave you with a thought - imagine how pissed off HMV would have been if they'd been called HIV - and then HIV was invented/discovered/whatever. Oh, the rebranding costs!

No comments: